Monday, October 17, 2011

October Updates

I really have to get a bit more crafty with my titles for my posts.......BORING!  Oh well, since I have been slacking with my posts this really is an October update.  We have been finishing up our animal studies and looking forward to going to the Philadelphia Zoo. Last week's date got rained out , but this Thursday  we'll be wishing the kids would stop singing so loud  enjoying ourselves on the bus ride to Philly.  I am personally looking forward to seeing the primates.  I love the primates!  What are you looking forward to? 

In other news, we have finished our hallway display of the Seasons of the apple Tree.  Check it out below.  Cooperative learning at its finest.  I was very impressed with how nicely the kiddos worked in little groups to get the trees done. 





We have been working on describing words in Writer's Workshop.  Today we read The Witch's Hand by Peter Utton which is full of great adjectives.  Then we brianstormed "Halloweeny" (my word) words and wrote them on a big black cauldron.  These will come in handy as a "Halloweeny" word wall for the next two weeks. 

Check out our Monster writing below.




No comments: