Friday, October 21, 2011

Red Ribbon Week

So next week is Red Ribbon week  (say no to drugs).  It's an important topic that just is not well suited for my little firsties, in my opinion.  So as our wonderful guidance counselor approached me to get the first grade on board with an idea I pretended was enthusiastic of course.  Mrs. Bellettini and I jumped right on to the blogs for an idea or two.  We came up with these ideas:

THIS IS YOU ON DRUGS....SCARY ISN'T IT?  

That will be the title and the kids will make lots of monsters to go under it...you know it is Halloween time and all!

-OR-

DRUGS WILL HAUNT YOU FOR LIFE....STAY AWAY!

This will go with a big haunted house and the kids can make different Halloween characters to go around the house.


I'll post pictures next week of the final choice....stay tuned!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Those are great!!! We had Red Ribbon this week because we have a dress code theme for each day (pajamas - give drugs a rest, sneakers - don't let drugs sneak up on you, etc) and next week is Parent Conferences. We thought it would be better to dress professionally for those. :) So we moved Red Ribbon Week. I love both of your ideas!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher