Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November News

Take a look at the fun we had in November.  It's a short but very busy month for us.  We got so much accomplished and had fun doing it.


After learning about life in 1620 we compared Pilgrim children to ourselves. 
I've always made the paper plate Pilgrims, but I saw the writing idea on a blog (can't remember which one, sorry) so I added that in this year.


Here is a photo of our Plymouth Colony mural.  This is such a fun activity.  This year we did it on the day parents visited for American Education week so they got to help.  The second photo is after we added the facts to the mural.





Finally a just for fun activity that I founf on Pinterest.com.  turkey headbands.  I should have taken a close-up shot of at least one because they turned out so darn cute!


Silly time!


I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for each and every family. You all are so supportive and kind.  Thank you for coming in for the conferences.  Keep up the good work, your children are a pleasure to teach each day!

3 comments:

Holly said...

So cute! I just changed my comments to the "pop-up" variety - so hopefully you're able to join in the fun! :) Thanks for letting me know!

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Anonymous said...

These are the CUTEST hats and I LOVE your mural!! Thanks for your email!
Rebecca
Teaching First

Kristin said...

Super fun stuff!!!! LOVE it!!!
Also, thanks for entering Farley's giveaway and your sweet comments. You are SO sweet and I do feel like the grown up version of Junie B. I think those books are what started my habit of saying, "People!". Really.
Have a great weekend!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher