Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome Back to School

It's time to say good-bye to the pool and the beach and hello to room 306.  I can't wait to see you all on Thursday. I hope you got your welcome letter and your secret letter that you are NOT supposed to open until Wednesday night.   Ha! We will see who really waited. 

I have been working on our room and I think it is coming together really well.  Our theme this year is Wild About.....  We are wild about everything as you will see in upcoming activities and photos.   The color theme is pink and blue.

Check out our room so far......except disregard the clutter of papers you still see on tabletops because those are still in transit to the copy machine.

This makes me most happy over all....fresh organized paper in the closet. Let's see how long it can stay that way.

Our calendar board with our Everyday Math concepts.

The zebra print numbers I bought from Sherri Peterson fit right in to the Wild theme we have going this year.  Below is the listening table with my junk on it that is in the process of being set up.  Can you see the zebra print tape I added to the table's edge?

 
The back of the room is dedicated to writing anchor boards.  On the left is the set I got from Lori Rosenberg and I love it.  Teachers, go check it out on TPT. I was going to make it on my own after I saw it on Pinterest, but then Lori made one so colorful and cute, so of course I got it from her.

 
My hubby is handy with contact paper.  A talent I never knew he had. Go figure. 

 
This is the reading table that I decided to use a table drape from the party store on instead of fabric.  I thought the chairs would slide better under the table this way.  I used material to cover the shelves behind this table that hide my collection of books.  The JUMBO book covers on the backs of the chairs are another Pinterest idea I found.  I will fill them with materials we are using for Guided Reading as the year goes along.  AGAIN, I apologize for the paper clutter on top of the table!

View of the back of the room.  What Good Readers Do anchor charts will fill the far right board after I teach them.  Far left is computer center.  In the center is the zebra paper lantern I got at the party store that has the table number hanging from it.

 
And the final photo for today is an example of my duck taping skills.  I jazzed up my table and cart edges with animal prints. 
 
Check back tomorrow for more photos.

1 comment:

Lori Rosenberg said...

What beautiful classroom displays! I love your I can write a...menu display. Where can I get one? LOL!

Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com