Monday, September 24, 2012

What's Been Going On?

Oh my word the first 13 days have gone by so fast.  Now that Back To School Night is over for me and my two daughters' schools, I can take a breath and blog a bit.  Last week was super busy.

We have been working diligently on following directions and listening with our whole bodies.  It's been slow going this year I must say, but we are getting there. 

We started learning how to work in centers.  I am introducing a new center each day and the whole class practices the activity.  Here we are doing some spelling center activities.
Paint my words

Disco Spelling

Write my words three ways
 
We also started to get busy in the Working With Words center.
 
CVC  and CVCC puzzles

beginning sound review

 making words
 
beginning sound review
 
After reading the awesome Pete The Cat books, we learned about the art center.  FUN!!!!
 


Hopefully this week we can begin centers for real and start meeting at the guided reading table.  It's so hard to keep things slow and steady when the kids are so full of excitement.

Stay tuned  adn check back soon for the apple experiences we will take part in this week!








No comments: